As Lead Teacher you will be responsible for all aspects of the smooth running of the academic department in your centre.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Form and lead teaching teams effectively. Plan and allocate teaching hours and record hours electronically.
- Ensure teacher payments are accurate and timely.
- Assist with the preparation and production of curriculum materials and ensure the availability of materials for all teachers.
- Manage student testing, placement in class, feedback and reporting and certificate completion and presentation on site.
- Produce a weekly teaching time-table.
- Provide support and guidance for teaching staff in the center.
- Ensure that appropriate academic staffing levels are maintained in the center.
- Maintain academic administration (e.g. class registers, class lists, class work record).
- Run a teacher training day for all teaching staff before the students arrive.
- Host and record weekly teacher meetings.
- Carry out lesson observations and feedback sessions with the teaching staff, organize peer-to-peer observations (where appropriate) and write references for teaching staff at the end of the season.
- Work closely with the Center Manager and Academic Manager to ensure academic and activity programs are well-integrated.
- Manage student, group leader and agent enquiries as far as teaching is concerned.
- Assist with the recruitment of a limited number of teaching staff in emergency situations during the season with the assistance of the Academic Manager.
- Implement and have knowledge of our safeguarding policies and procedures including our guidelines on safer recruitment.
- Availability from 20/06/2021 until 30/08/2021
- University degree and a level 5 (Ofqual accredited) TEFL qualification, preferably a CELTA or a TRINITY.
- Clear DBS certificate.
- Have completed Europa School of English Basic Safeguarding course prior to start.
- Have two up-to-date references (which will be checked).
- Experience in running a busy, international summer center is a huge advantage.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- Pay 350 GBP per. week
- Free accomodation
- All meals included
Europa School of English is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. Safeguarding our young students is the most important priority for our school and as such no appointments will be made without full ID checks, references and appropriate police/DBS checks.
Reports to: Academic Manager
Direct Reports: Teachers
Last Reviewed: 18/01/2021
Holiday Cover: Team
Safeguarding: (Level 1) - Training Provided