As an EFL Teacher you will immerse yourself in the full experience of working with students and teaching language in the mornings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach English in-line with our syllabus (3 to 4 lessons per. day from Monday to Friday).
- Manage your course effectively and prepare classes for different levels.
- Keep accurate records of your lessons and student attendance.
- Evaluate students' language knowledge.
- Carry out tutorials according to the schedule and advise students on how best to improve their language skills.
- Reflect critically on the school syllabus for developmental purposes.
- Participate in team meetings whenever necessary.
- Take an active part in any professional development sessions made available to you.
- Take part in peer-to-peer observations where appropriate.
- Take part in observation sessions conducted by our Lead Teachers.
- Show an awareness of the particular issues surrounding the teaching of English to young learners.
- Familiarize yourself with our safeguarding policy and take an active role in ensuring it is implemented and that we are keeping young people safe.
- Plan and deliver fun and appropriate lessons using both the Europa School of English syllabus and any supplementary materials.
- Availability from end of June until end of August specific dates available on application
- Currently living in UK and/ or eligible to work in UK (for vacancies in UK).
- University degree and a level 5 (Ofqual accredited) TEFL qualification, preferably a CELTA or a TRINITY
- Experience and interest in working with children, an outgoing personality with the ability to lead and motivate young people
- Have two up-to-date references (which will be checked).
- Police clearance certificate/DBS (not older than 1 year). DBS checks will be paid for by the school if necessary.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- 15 GBP per. hour
- Potential to earn 35 GBP for half-day trips and 70 GBP for full-day trips.
Europa School of English is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. Safeguarding our young students is the most important priority for our school and as such no appointments will be made without full ID checks, references and appropriate police/DBS checks.