As Lead Teacher you will be responsible for all aspects of the smooth running of the academic department in your centre. This position can be residential and may include full board accommodation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Form and lead teaching teams effectively. Plan and allocate teaching hours and record hours electronically.
- Ensure teacher payments are accurate, timely and organised using our software.
- Assist with the preparation and production of curriculum materials and ensure the availability of materials for all teachers.
- Manage student testing, placement in class, feedback and reporting and certificate completion and presentation on site.
- Produce a weekly teaching time-table.
- Participate in welcome meetings and daily assemblies.
- Monitoring attendance through our App
- Provide support and guidance for teaching staff in the centre.
- Ensure that appropriate academic staffing levels are maintained in the centre.
- Maintain academic administration (e.g. class registers, class lists, class work record).
- Attend a teacher training day for all teaching staff before the students arrive.
- Host and record weekly teacher meetings.
- Carry out lesson observations and feedback sessions with the teaching staff, organize peer-to-peer observations (where appropriate) and write references for teaching staff at the end of the season.
- Work closely with the Centre Manager and Academic Manager to ensure academic and activity programs are well-integrated.
- Manage student, group leader and agent enquiries as far as teaching is concerned.
- Assist with the recruitment of a limited number of teaching staff in emergency situations during the season with the assistance of the Academic Manager.
- Implement and have knowledge of our safeguarding policies and procedures including our guidelines on safer recruitment.
- Facilitate teachers who are participating in half-day and full-day trips.
- Availability from 25/06/2022 until 27/08/2022
- University degree.
- DELTA preferred CELTA essential.
- Clear DBS certificate. Paid for by employer if necessary.
- Have two up-to-date references (which will be checked).
- Experience in running a busy, international summer centre is a huge advantage.
- Right to work in the UK (for UK based positions)
Europa School of English is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. Safeguarding our young students is the most important priority for our school and as such no appointments will be made without full ID checks, references and appropriate police/DBS checks.